Thursday 13 November 2014

The Problem with Grant Robertson

What I Discovered about Grant

I thought I had the Labour Leadership candidates all figured out. Each of them sent through emails outlining why they should be the next leader: their experience; what they see as the issues facing Labour; and how they might set about addressing those issues. Although I hadn't met any of the candidates, based of the information they sent through, I thought I had come to a decision on who I would vote for. 

Grant Robertson in East Coast Bays
Then I met Grant Robertson. The problem with Grant, is that he is very personable and has good ideas. Another problem is that he articulates his ideas clearly, in a confident manner. His plan to rebuild Labour is concise and seems achievable. He plans to: 
  • Listen to New Zealanders
  • Stand up for Labour's core values
  • Address the new generation of challenges - reducing inequalities, climate change and the effect of new technologies on work
  • Support workers, entrepreneurs and small businesses
  • Focus on education, health and housing
The main problem with Grant Robertson is that he plans to reconnect the Labour Party with communities again. Both Grant and Jacinda Adern have experienced success establishing informal community forums in order to connect with people. Grant intends to use a similar model to put Labour back into the heart of communities now, not in three years' time.

The problem with Grant Robertson is that he makes a great deal of sense.


#informeddecision  





   


No comments:

Post a Comment